Saturday, April 30, 2011

Things that make me smile

I have admittedly been kinda crabby lately. I've been working a lot - haven't had a day off in about a month, I've gained weight, haven't exercised as much as I should and on and on. . . And after writing last month's post, I feel like I should just get over myself because I know that it can always be worse. So, to snap myself out of this funk, I decided that this post should be about the things that make me happy or that I'm thankful for. And because lists make me happy, I'm going to this in the form of a list. :-)
In no particular order:
~ I am happy that my next day off is coming soon and I have nothing planned for it!
~ I am happy that it is almost May and hopefully that means warm weather is on it's way! (technically it is May already, but since I haven't gone to bed yet, I am still considering it April - therefore my blog entry won't be late.)
~ I am thankful that I have two wonderful parents who mean the world to me and would do anything for me - even if we do drive each other nuts sometimes.
~ I am thankful that my sister is no longer too cool for her big sister and has grown into a wonderful woman who I consider one of my dearest friends.
~ I am excited that my sister will give birth to a new nephew for me to spoil in less than a month. I can't wait to meet him!
~ I am thankful that I have some of the most wonderful friends that anyone could ever ask for. And even though we may not see each other as often as we'd like, I know that I can still count on them whenever I need them.
~ I am thankful for my entire (although often crazy) family.
~ My DVR makes me happy!
~ I am happy that my search for a condo is really underway. It is a slow process, but the right condo is out there. I know it.

~ Office supplies make me happy.
~ I am thankful for my warm, cozy bed.
~ I am thankful that for the most part I am in good health.
~ The color orange and the color pink make me happy.
~ I happy that it is baseball season.
~ Books make me happy.


I am happy and thankful for so many things. This is just a small sampling of what makes me smile.

What makes you smile?


“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment